Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Snickerdoodles

I tend to try a number of different recipes for my favorite desserts before I settle on a go-to version. This snickerdoodle recipe has officially made it into my book. Because of the shortening these are chewy rather than crispy cookies--just the way I like them.

1/2 c shortening
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 tsp milk
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

1. Cream together shortening, butter, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Add to butter mixture.
4. Add milk and mix well.
5. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Roll dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter (refridgerate for 15 minutes or so if the dough is too sticky).
6. Dip dough balls in cinnamon and sugar
7. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Oh, and the dough is good, too.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment